How to Choose a Life Coach Training Program
Congratulations on your decision to become a life coach. You are about to embark on a journey to a rewarding career helping others achieve their goals and improve their lives.
The first step on you journey is to choose the right training program. With more than 100 training programs to choose from, it can often be overwhelming trying to compare and decide. The most important thing is for you to find a program that fits your schedule and learning style.
Training can be delivered in various ways including:
- Live classroom training – Seminar style group learning. It is often combined with teleclassses or online training. This type of training often requires travel for onsite training.
- Teleclasses – Group training sessions conducted once a week by phone for the duration of training.
- Self study – Self-pace home study courses that allow you the flexibility to study according to your schedule.
- Online Training – Training delivered by prerecorded or live webinars on a weekly basis.
- Or a combination of any of the above.
Length of Training
Each program varies in its training requirements. Programs can range from 60 hours to more than 300 hours and the training time can vary from 6 months to 2 years or more. Most programs that offer ICF (International Coaching Federation) certification take a minimum of 6 months.
Cost of Life Coach Training
Coach training programs vary significantly in price with programs starting as low as $600 to $14,000 or more. The key to understanding the price of a program is making sure you know exactly what is included in the cost and selecting the training that provides you a good foundation for starting and growing your business and also that fits your budget. Remember, there are advanced coach training classes that you can take as your business grows and you want to develop new skills.
Life Coach Training Program Information
To learn more about training options available to you by clicking on the following links:
- General Life Coach Training Courses
- Self Study Courses
- Christian Life Coach Training Courses
- Specialty Training Programs
Do You Want to Be a General Life Coach or Specialize?
As you progress through your life coach training and practice you may decide to focus your coaching on a certain area of coaching. Coaches can be found working in many areas including:
- Time management
- Work/life balance
- And many more.
If you don’t find all the information you need, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re happy to help you in any way we can.